This is the story of my son's life how I see it. Every year I will create a book for him from these posts.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

delivery continued...

Well the nurse made a mistake by telling me to call when I "felt" like pushing. Well considering this is the BIGGEST MOST IMPORTANT moment of my life, that would change my life FOREVER, I was sorta scared to push. So I quietly laid there in pain for well over an hour. Finally the pain started to get the best of me and I guess I snapped at all the ladies talking in my room. By ladies I am talking about my gigantic fantastic family, Mom, Sarah, Tracy, Carol, Shannon and Brittany...and the men came pacing in and out. I was ready for some peace and quiet because I guess it was TIME!! During the whole day my sister Sarah kept asking me if I wanted socks. Well my ill behavior got my nurse to the room quickly. She asked if I was feeling pain and I told her YES! She said that I wasn't supposed to be feeling any, UH OH! She gave me a blous(big dose) of my epidural and went to check my "process". Before I know it the nurse rips off the end of my bed and throws my legs into the stirrups and tells ME its time to push. I was like, wait wait but I didn't say I was ready. She said "his head is right here". Sarah: You want some socks? Me: NOOOO! Now I went on and on earlier about my gushing amniotic fluid to tell you this: when we asked if he would have much hair, the nurse "reached in" (eewwwwww) and said he was gonna be as "bald as a cue ball". Well when she threw my legs in the stirrups she noticed that I had another bag of fluid. Yes that is another whole sac of amniotic fluid. Now thats just plain weird. So she proceeded to break the next bag and told me when I was having contractions to push. Sarah: You want some socks? Me: NOOOO!Since I was sitting quietly in pain for so long I did what they call "labor down", meaning that I let the contractions move the baby down for me instead of pushing. So I only pushed for 30 mins!! I was in labor for 12 hours, but again only pushed for 30 mins!! I am a PRO! :) Justin, Oran's father was at the bedside during the delivery, my mom, dad, and both sisters were also in the room with me. The miracle of birth is something that I didn't want to deny anyone who wanted to see. Sarah: You want some socks? Me: If you ask me one more time I am gonna kill you! Awww my sweet sister just wanted me to be comfortable. During the short 30 mins of pushing I keep hearing both my sisters' encouragement "you're doing great Abbey. Keep pushing. Oh my goodness I can see his head, go Abbey!" The nurse tells me "His head is almost out, you're doing good just keep pushing". I say, "well then just pull him out if he is so close!" Now that got a laugh from everyone but me, I was serious. After I got his head out they said one more big push and he would be HERE! So I push with all might and....GUSH! A HUGE mess of fluid comes flying out behind Oran and washes him off so he is super clean. Ok that was weird, more fluid?? The nurse said it was possibly another yes a 3rd bag of fluid! Or what I am thinking that it was just fluid left behind him from the 2nd sac. It's insane how much fluid I was holding! So in my fantasy world I didn't gain any "fat" weight. It must have been all the fluid weighing 30lbs. Haha. Ok so the first thing I do when I see Oran is...CRY. Now all you mothers know that these are tears of happiness, pure JOY. HOLY CRAP, I, yes lil ole me just created LIFE!!!!! What a feeling. Oran was 7lbs 9oz born at 5:43pm on 12/28/08. He was healthy, all any mother could ask for.
Visitor List:
Mimi & Pappa (my mom and dad)
Tracy (sister)
Sarah & Robert (sister and brother-in-law)
Justin (Oran's father)
Carol & Jim (aunt and uncle)
Brittany (cousin)
Shannon (cousin)
Ashley (cousin)
Great-Gran (my grandmother)
Cindy (aunt)
Gran, Nini and Becca (Justin's parents and sister)
Carol S. (co-worker)
Susy & Terry (co-workers)
Now I think that is all if I forgot anyone my excuse is, I WAS DRUGGED!
So I think thats all there is to say about my easy delivery. I was very lucky to have everything go so smoothly for me. Now I am scared to have any other kids, because we all know lightening doesn't strike the same place twice. Meaning I doubt I will be so lucky to have an "easy" pregnancy and delivery again. I want to say thank you to everyone that was there for me at the hospital, THANK YOU!! Ya'lls support means the world to me. I am blessed to have such a loving and supportive family. I love you all!
P.S. I don't want any socks Sarah!!!! But thanks anyways. :)

1 comment: