This is the story of my son's life how I see it. Every year I will create a book for him from these posts.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Delivery

now how can you put a caption on this?



Welcome to the world Oran






lil chubby cheeks








Me in the last moments of pregnancy.







Oh it feels so good to finally stretch out










Pappa and Oran








Aunt Tracy and Oran










Aunt Sarie and Oran










MiMi and Oran











Cindy (my aunt) and Oran












GREAT-Gran and Oran










So my due date was January 2nd 2009. Well since it was so close to the beginning of the new year I opted to induce for a few reasons. First and foremost I did it for the tax money! Does that make me a bad person? No way Jose! Other reasons being that I was huge and didn't feel like being pregnant another second and I am not into surprises. So I set up an induction for December 28th. (Oran mommy is so sorry that your birthday is so close to the holidays!) My mom and dad came and spent the night with me so they could drive me to the hospital the next morning. So my alarm goes off nice and early about 5am on the morning of December 28th. I was so excited that I popped straight up in bed. Well maybe a little too excited because my water broke as I was "popping" up. Now thats a weird sensation! So I showered and fixed my hair all pretty, put on a diaper sized pad and headed to work errr to have my baby. I did deliver where I work, St. Mary's. So by the time I get to the hospital I can feel warm amniotic fluid filling my pants and running down my leg. (hope no one is squeamish, us nurses love gross stuff) I get up to my room and rip off my soaking pants and got into a lovely hospital gown. By the time I get situated in the bed I am soaking wet again and have to get a new pad on the bed and another between my legs. My nurse asks if I am having contractions and I tell her no, because I have no idea what they feel like. The nurse proceeds to tell me they feel like really bad cramps. So I am all "well yeh I have been having those for days". DUH! Now I know! My nurse started my Pitocin (helps contractions). Soon my hospital room was filled with all the people I love! My mom, dad, sisters, brother-in-law, aunt, uncle, cousins, and Oran's father were all surrounding me cheering me on. Or should I say placing bets as to when I will deliver. I ask for some pain medicine and they gave me Stadol! Ugh that stuff only worked from my neck up...meaning I felt stupid drunk but was still in pain. So I ask for the real stuff, the epidural! WOW now that stuff works! I couldn't even lift my legs off the bed. The nurse just told me to call when I felt like pushing. To be continued...

1 comment: