This is the story of my son's life how I see it. Every year I will create a book for him from these posts.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Uncle Rocky's HALF-day

HA HA Uncle Rocky doesn't know how to make bottles!

Aunt Sarie & Oran

Uncle Rocky feeding Oran a bottle I had prepared (thank heavens)


Ok so I have to post this now because its just too funny. I call it a "Half-day" because I think a whole day would have resulted in something unpleasant for Oran & Uncle Rocky. My sister Sarah had the wonderful idea of going to Six Flags for Easter like we did last year. Her husband Robert (Uncle Rocky) bravely said that he would keep Oran while we went. Last year we were in and out of Six Flags in 3 hours and were able to ride everything. I said if Robert felt comfortable keeping Oran that I would be ok with it. I mean he is a 30-something man with 4 other nephews, how clueless could he be? Now I try and keep Oran on a strict schedule because we both LOVE it! So I am trying to tell Robert bits and pieces here and there so I won't overwhelm him all at once. All along he is so cool and casual saying, and I quote "It's just a baby, how hard could it be?" HAHAHAHAHA! Well I do have to admit for the most part Uncle Rocky did a GREAT job. Oran was alive and happy when we got home. They were sitting on the porch with Oran just in a onesie (for those of u who know me I keep my child bundled like we live in Antarctica). He had lost his pants, socks and blanket. Now it was a nice day its not like it was cold, but still, it's a mother thing. Sarah turns around and says what's this? It was a dirty diaper (just pee) flung next to the door wide open. Robert says, "That's is far as it got." Ha ha ha I know exactly what he means even though I always try and wrap them up. Then I say how I missed Oran and Robert's all "Here you wanna hold him?" HA HA! Love it. Poor thing an infant one on one is REALLY rough. THANKS UNCLE ROCKY! Ok now for the best part...later we were all talking in the kitchen and I think we were going to heat up some water in Oran's bottle for his next feeding. Rocky looks at the bottle and says, "You aren't going to use that much water are you? That's a lot." Sarah and I were all haha you're very funny. Oh yeh you guessed it he wasn't joking! Ok so I let a few bottles stack up before I wash them. I use Avent and when I am through with them I rinse the bottle and nipple, then leave a little bit of water in the bottle and then put the nipple in upside down and fill it with water so it will slowly drip through the hole. (That sounds OCD, I know) So I tell Robert 10 times, 6 ounces of water and 3 level unpacked scoops of formula heated for 20-30 seconds.(and its written down) Well Sarah measures out a bottle for him and puts it next to his formula and I set another clean bottle with that. I took the dirty bottles out of the sink and set them on the opposite side of the sink (far away) from the clean bottles because I am weird about hands or dishes being rinsed off over the bottles. (germaphobic?) These dirty bottles were used to feed my child!!!! And god only knows how much water was in each bottle. Obviously no where near 6 ounces since he thought that was a lot. So poor Oran had to suck down a paste. He had a lil belly ache and was probably a tiny bit dehydrated. But I fixed that. Anyways I was cracking up. I knew that Oran was going to be fine and I thought it was funny. Robert was so sorry and felt so bad. So I bet next time (if there EVER is a next time) he will listen a bit closer. Aunt Sarie and Uncle Rocky are working up the courage to have kids and I hope this didn't scare Rocky s**tless. It might have scared Sarah more. :) Well I had an AWESOME time at Six Flags, thanks Uncle Rocky, we love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment